Saturday 21 August 2010

The US of A


Yep again, been AWOL but with good excuse ! Moved onto new compound, didn't have internet for 'an age' which wasn't until almost when it was time to leave for our vacation out of the searing heat of Saudi ! Anyway, when I return next week I will download loads of pics and try to get back up to date with things as soon as possible.

Back to the vacation, we spent a couple of weeks in the UK with family and doing the obligatory 'shopping' ! Then onto the Big Old USA ! I will tell more soon with pics but in short, it was fantastic !

I loved California especially Marble Mountain Ranch and Mount Shasta but I'll leave it there for now although you can have a look at the link below for a preview on The Marble Mountain Ranch:

http://www.marblemountainranch.com/

Photo's courtesy of Katie !

2 comments:

Theodora quilts said...

Hello I just found your blog I was advised by my husband to look up bedioun quilts in tha middle east and I found the group which you belong to,he actually thought I would find actuall bedouin women making quilts out in the desert in tents Ha! Ha! I told him I think they are all western women ,I think he was dissapointed LOl , We used to live in California and I hope you have a nice time,visit my blog if you have time I am writting to you from Athens ,Greece.theodora

Sj2b House of Books said...

Apols Theodora, I've not been blogging for a while due to moving to another compound and problems with Internet. Those issues have been finalised and hopefully resolved.

Thank you for your comment, and actually there are some Arabic ladies at our quilting group although not bedoiuns LOL

I will go have a look at your blog too.