Thursday 9 July 2009

Fresh Dates from our Tree Part 2


The dates I reported on a couple of weeks back, LIFE SOCKS ... SAUDI SOCKS !: Fresh Dates from Our Tree are still not ripe and this is due to the sun just not getting to them so they'll, hopefully, be waiting for plucking when we return from vacation in August. However, the tree next to it had several ripe looking dates and with the help of 'a man' as I can't clim these trees myself and hack away at the date stalks, we had several fresh dates to eat yesterday.I had to wash them to get the sand and 'yuk' off and dried them in the sun a little, then they were ready to eat. Delicious ! ... the kids won't touch them but that's okay, I'll eat them and there'll be plenty for when Pete gets back as I've 3 bunches sitting on the clothes drier in the sun to ripen up.

No comments: