Thursday 23 July 2009

Stable Mable


Meet my new'ish mode of travel...Stable Mable

My other bike, which I inherited when I came out here has finally got the better of me and I am totally fed up of the effort it takes to get the wheels to turn a full cycle so here's what was put up for the replacement.

My first attempt at riding her was to head straght into the back of the car ...shush don't tell Pete ! But then I slowly got the hang of it as it really was a bit weird. I thought a 3-wheeler would be easy but this thing should have a certificate to go with it to prove you're a competent rider. Anyway, got the hang of it now but still feel unsure and unsteady with the kids in the back when going over the humps and up the hilly bits and even doing a turn.

The kids love Mabel and its a real fight to stop them taking her off somewhere.

Believe it or not, these bikes are a real sought after vehicle and I'm very lucky to have got her...she will come in so useful when we move onto the new compound next year as the place is huge and I'm going to need something to be able to bring all the shopping back from the compound shop.

Trouble is I can't get the image out of my mind of Elvis, who used to ride his 3-wheeler around Portsmouth a few years back, but I think I'll probably leave Mable here as it wouldn't be fair to take her all the way back to England just to have the micky taken out of her.

1 comment:

Fruitful Fusion said...

Hi Sharon,

Just letting you know that I've tagged you over on my blog!!! :)