Monday 8 February 2010

Almost Forgot to Show & Tell ...


... My very first finished quilt ! The log cabin quilt which I finished just in time for Christmas to give to my mother-in law when we were in Cyprus for the holidays.

It was hard to let go of it seeing as it was my first quilt and I think I got it just right with the colours. Initially I didn't think it was going to happen as I spent 2 hours in the fabric/craft shop, Zamils here in Al Khobar. These were the colours I picked out first of all but then doubted my choice thinking they just wouldn't go together and put them back. I almost left the shop after 2 hours in tears thinking I can't work out how to put colours together. Went back and got the first choice thinking 'just go with it ... got nothing to lose'.

So glad and am thrilled with the finished quilt as was Margaret when she received it. And although, I'm sorry to let my first quilt go, I know its gone to an appreciative receiver.

No comments: