Friday 20 February 2009

A day at the beach ..


.. just thought I'd post of picture of me at Murjan Beach, Half Moon Bay today holding my prized copy of the latest issue of Simply Knitting. I'd been having to ask family to send it over or ask hubby to bring it back with him from his recent trips back to the UK. I've now subscribed to ensure that I get a copy a little quicker but I will see how long it takes as it has to travel to Riyadh from the UK first and then onto me in Al Khobar.. could be a couple of weeks I guess but at least I'll get it eventually and not have to rely on others remembering to get it and send it for me.

This beach was totally taken over by the youth of Saudi enjoying their weekend by bike quadding and driving up and down the sand dunes... or even driving whilst hanging out of their windows... all this without the aid of a tipple ! This was also the family area where women are allowed with children but an abaya has to be worn at all times including the hijab for muslim women. Luckily we'd been to the privately owned beach a little bit further on where we had a lot more freedom.

Had a fantastic day and even encountered a fabulous fast food called shawirmah (not sure of spelling)which is a thousand year old recipe... MacDonalds take note !

Ok, back onto knitting !

No comments: