Friday 27 February 2009

Knitting for Charity

Ok, this is my New Year's Resolution... a bit late but I didn't bother making any this year as couldn't think of anything that I would possibly stick to.. the old 'go on a diet', 'go to the gym more' etc.. just doesn't work for me but I think I've found something that I would very much like to stick to. As I said before, I've recently moved to Saudi and my old hobby has been replaced by sock knitting which I'm sure will continue for some time and being in a privilaged situation where I'm neither likely to suffer from extreme cold or excessive heat (air con is great !) then I've decided to put my new found hobby to good use. Also I can move into the mittens and hats area too so no need to get bored I'm sure. I can also afford to make the small items in quality yarns like alpaca etc., to make sure they are really suitable for their intended purposes.

I've found a couple of charitable organsations that I'd like to contribute to, one which I found on the Ravelry site, the other is Afghans for Afghans.

http://www.afghansforAfghans.org

No comments: