Monday 9 March 2009

Internet ... arrrrrrhhhhhh !

Well I've not been able to do very much on the blog lately as the internet seems to be more down than up at the moment... again ! Its so frustrating as I know that I've only a limited amount of time to get something on the blog this morning as it will probably go down again in a short while ... until tomorrow sometime !

So, well... I've still been making another pair of the basic rib socks by Wise Hilda Knits but they're taking a little longer this time as its been so hot at the moment that I've spent most of my time at the pool or gym or sunbathing or coffee morning it. Coffee morning isn't what you think ... out here (in Saudi) its a big big thing. I'll post pics as soon as .. but don't want to lose the link just yet so I'll edit them in in a bit so you can see what an event it is once a month.





I was the first to arrive and took some pics of the display tables which are always beautifully laid out with a freebie to take away with us.

Ok, so whats so special about 'coffee mornings' ? Well for 10 saudi rials (around £2) you get the freebie which this month was potted flower, as much food as you can eat from cooked english breakfast, french pastries, salads oh just everything imaginable along with juices and of course tea and coffee ! Then the raffle ! Oh and all the food is served by waiters and there's a fresh pancake or waffle maker on hand too. Also at these coffee mornings are local vendors from around Khobar and I guess a few from further afield. The rugs and carpets are always spectacular along with the pashminas and silk scarves. Lots of arabic jewellery and just .. well.... take a full purse along. The ladies tend to dress up as its also pretty much the only place (unless its a private do) where you don't have to wear an abaya !





I also won a prize at the raffle... again, as I won one last month too which was some soaps...not ordinary soaps very expensive soaps and I should have the face of a camel when I get round to using that one.



Next month is the Easter Bonnet contest so I'll have to get on and make something for that and the month after is 'International Day' where we'll all wear our national dress... Brits ! What have we got...apart from the string vest and hanky hat, or the Union Jack shorts !

Right going now as got a spinning class and want to try to get a couple of pics up before I go or the internet.

No comments: