Wednesday 22 April 2009

Frogging !

I hate to frog another sock but again its needed as there is nothing I can do to sort it out.

I frogged the Pembrokeshire Patheways socks due to the unsuitable yarn I was using. It had too much of a pattern (Wendy,Zig Zag) and just didn't look right. I shall try again with a plain yarn.

I am now frogging the Pothos sock which I am knitting with the Six Sock KAL due to unsightly laddering which is occuring as I am moving from one dpn to the other during the purling rounds. I don't have a problem while knitting all rounds but do apparently have a problem with purling all rounds in this method. I really didn't want to be beaten but it really does look awful and even after the thrill of seeing the final pattern emerge, it just all has to be correct as you can see every detail in this fab pattern.Happier times Pothos knitting !

Looking at the pattern again it appears to be knitted on circular needles hence my 'surfing' for instructions on how to do the magic loop method (links posted in side bar). I am now looking for my circular needles which I brought out with me just in case I needed them, and am sure glad that I did as having to purchase them and wait for them to arrive would be a nightmare of a wait of up to 3 weeks !

Right, off to hunt down those circs !

2 comments:

GerryART said...

Love those circular needles. Have been knitting 2-at-a-time SOCKS and they just fly off the needle.
I've knitted twenty-four pair in the past 13 months. I love 'em

Sj2b House of Books said...

That's great encouragement Gerry...I tried to have a go at a practise piece last night (around midnight) and just couldn't get my head round it so will try again today...I might even come to you for some advice lol