Sunday 26 April 2009

Spring is here !

Well that's what I've been told but when the temp hits 100oF then I call that just too hot and going to spend the summer hibernating with my new best friend, the 'air con'.

The humidity hit pretty hard yesterday and I am now realising that it ain't going to be a fun time in Saudi during the summer months right up until the end of September. That's when we originally arrived here last year and that was a pretty big shock for my delicate british constitution then. Me, having the true 'Jock' gene of fair skin, freckles, and red (well reddish,ok tinged) hair, just don't mix well with the heat and humidity and can't wait to get indoors and turn on the 'air con' and flop down until I've cooled off and returned to some kind of normality just to be able to get on with a busy mums duties.

I am told I should acclimatize but I'm not too sure about this as even the Saudi's days are back to front during these months. Day is for sleep and doing nothing much, lazing around, and then everying happens evening time, its off out shopping or whatever it is they want to do including taking the kids to play in the park at 10pm. Actually that's pretty much how it is all the time come to think of it.

1 comment:

GerryART said...

Love your latest header photo.
Not certain how you're to acclimate to the weather if you're covered neck to toe.
Just remember to drink a lot of liquid.