Friday 5 June 2009

First Socks from the Toe Up - Pt 2

Finished 11th June 2009
Half way there. Just the 2nd sock to get done but why is it that the first sock flies off the needles and the 2nd just strolls ?I really really am pleased (have I said that before ?) with my progress on this one and definitely going to make more from the book and maybe even try to knit 2 at the same time... sometime... maybe not next time!

Pattern 'Lacy Ribs' from the 'Socks From The Toe Up' by Wendy Johnson.
Yarn Rico Design, Hobby Print which, I believe, is a German yarn. It comes as a pack with 2 balls of yarn, a basic sock pattern, & 4 metal, size 2.50mm dpn's. Its a cheaper brand but I havn't had any problems with it and made several other pairs of socks from this brand. It was a last 'panic' stock up on sock yarn from my previous visit back to the UK in December, from my favourite wool shop 'Ann Louise' in Portsmouth.
Knitting Needle Size Pattern requires 2.00mm but I used 2.25mm, partly because I'm a tight knitter and usually go up a size,but also because I couldn't find my size 2's ! The dreaded needle eating sofa monster !

No comments: