Wednesday 3 June 2009

My First Socks from the Toe Up


This is my first attempt at knitting socks from the toe up using the figure of 8 cast-on method. I am knitting this pair as part of the 'Socks from the Toe Up' by Wendy Johnson, KAL on Ravelry.

I'm pleased with my first part of the sock and the sock is flying off the circulars. Again this is the first time I've used circulars and 2 of them at one time for that matter. It wasn't a smooth learning curve as I had to frog my practise piece 5 times but I got it in the end. Its just getting the position of the needles and then the tension to keep the toe tight enough. Once that's mastered the rest seems so easy that I just don't know why I put it off for so long.

I love the idea that there are no stitches to pick up for the heel but will see how that works when I get to it...which won't be long now.

No comments: