Saturday 21 March 2009

Dentist Rap ... er Rant ....

Had my consultant appointment at Saad Dentist this morning and came away feeling really miserable... problems again with mis-understanding procedures ...on both sides ... again !

Sooo, to cheer myself up went and had 2 swarmas (chicken, chilli..the whole works) and a freshly squeazed orange juice all for 15 riyals (approx £3)... Oh and some cd's for my new iPod Touch ! The cd's were 3 for 25 riyals (£5erish), but you have to put up with the pics being blanked out with censorship black permanent marker pen. I bought, Madonna, & 2 Britney Spears (sorry but I'm having a mid life crisis.. who said only men have them, but at least mines only for younger 'songs' not the younger woman !) Anyway the pics are heavily censored so you only see the head and any covered body part which isn't a lot on the Madonna 'Hot Candy'.

Oh and did a little bit of knitting my sock at Saad reception area, where I also got a complimentary arabic coffee. Whilst knitting the woman next to me leant over and showed me her little crochet'd mobile phone pouch. We couldn't understand each other but both had an interest in knitting or crochet. Very limited conversation but what a barrier broken with just a bit of wool and wooden sticks ! In fact she even lifted her veil very briefly to smile when I said her crochet was very pretty.

Roll on arabic lessons... maybe I'll even be able to say the odd sentence someday !

No comments: