Wednesday 18 March 2009

Just Subscribed/Joined .... 'Knitting'... Ravelry...Garnstudio

Just subscribed to 'Knitting' magazine but botched up the delivery address but hopefully will be able to sort it out when I buy my 'green card' for the internet phone and can telephone them to put it right... far too keen to get everything done in one go now the internet is up again.

Also just joined the Garnstudio forum on Ravelry.com ... brilliant ! Ravelry was definitely worth the wait… I only waited 3 days but it did go up to about 7 days and then back down to 2, so I guess it depends on ‘the hype’ at the time. I’d still have waited 7 days though knowing that its worth it.

There are so many projects to get you motivated and you can also find knitter/crocheters in areas near to yourself. I’m finding it a blessing as I’m not in the UK anymore and have managed to find knitters (not quite in the same area) pretty nearby’ish.

I also find it pretty interesting to find how others got on with particular projects and sometimes they add their own slant on things or even give advice if errors have been found or just slightly improved on a particular area that you also find more appealling or suitable.

My advice is get on there, you’ll love it

Right, kids been at a party, hubby been on a quiz night and meat raffle duty, me supposed to be recovering from lots of dental work so I suppose I'd better get of this 'pooter' before they all come home !

No comments: