Saturday 21 March 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well it came early for me (yesterday - Friday) as Friday is the new Sunday as it goes out here ! So I got mine early... yipppeeeee... and I got (cold, very milky tea) in bed, a personalised card and .... a iPod Touch ! WOW I'm thrilled.. spent most of the time playing with it and adding itunes and cd's and blogs.. in fact had a terrific headache last night cos of it. No knitting or anything else.. well except an hour at the pool and then an hour's walk along the corniche just before sunset.
We would have gone earlier but William had a football match in the morning and then it just got toooo hot, around 90oc and wearing an abaya was more than I could bear...and its only the start of summer ! The 'locals' well ex-pats who've been here a while promise me that I'll acclimatize but I'm not too sure about that as I never managed to do that in the UK over the last 20 years... or so... !

Found some of the corniche strays hiding amongst the rocks and couldn't help but take a pic of this one with unusual eyes, one blue and one amber. Not sure how unusual it is but I've only seen it once before.
The cats thrive on the corniche as there are always fish from the sea or those that the fishermen throw to them.

Last night was full of people fishing, even women in their abaya's, trying to stop them from getting wet, and as a well dressed abaya'd women knows, an abaya should trail on the ground to make sure ankles and feet are well covered, and by the waterfront its a bit difficult to hold a fishing rod and your abaya, up just a little to stop it from getting wet. The men's thobes are a little easier as they are shorter, but a lot of the men were in 'shorts'... I mean, come on, its summer !

Picnics are also a big thing for the weekends so we'll definitely be doing that sometime soon.Well that was my 'Mother's Day' and it was lovely and without these 3 very important people it would not have been possible.

No comments: