Wednesday 25 March 2009

Things I Miss & Don't Miss About the UK

Been here 6 months now so just weighing up the pro's and con's

THINGS I MISS ABOUT THE UK:

My friends

Curry Night Out

Fish & Chips

Being able to go out when & wherever I want to

Having the odd tipple (even if only once a year)

Being able to talk to a man other than my husband or whoever I have written permission to be with !

Being able to wear what I want, wherever and when I want - even RED if it suited me

Being able to ride my bike anywhere

Cornish Icecream

Fish Fingers

BREAD !



THINGS I CERTAINLY DO NOT MISS ABOUT THE UK:

The drunks walking down the street at all hours of the night and morning, usually stopping outside the bedroom window and having a fight or trying to break into a house or cars crashing into the pavement !

DOG POO all over the pavements

Rude Shop Assistants


THINGS I WILL MISS WHEN LEAVE SAUDI :

Saudi hospitality & friendliness

Sunshine

Polite and courteous shop assistants

Arabic Bread & Humous & Foul

Swarma's



THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT SAUDI :

Internet !!!! Intermittent... to none !

Expensive ice cream (£8-£10 a pot)

Male shop assistants ... everywhere (cosmetics, lingerie, oh no women shop assistants allowed

Having to wait outside while men go inside for a cuppa and a bite to eat unless its got a family section usually situated right at the back and in a dull, minging room allocated for the women and kids

Cockroaches & huge huge ants !

Public toilets

Unrelenting Heat of the Summer

No comments: