Wednesday 18 March 2009

Its warming up ... and I have fingerless mittens !


Ok, its certainly warming up here in Saudi but I still have the urge to knit socks AND now fingerless mittens and sat by the pool yesterday finishing these beautiful soft alpaca mittens. I then (after my swimming exercises) ran onto the craft group which runs on a Tuesday, to show the girls...now they've all been pretty unimpressed with the progress of the sock knitting until they are finished and now were suitably impressed with the mittens. I think we finally have a group becoming interested in knitting something. Dishcloths were another interest shown which I can quite happily deal with as I use to make my own back in the UK and also made a couple out here too but there's more interesting things to make. Maybe in a few weeks (months more like) I'll be posting pics of the groups projects, maybe I'll do that anyway cos they're all making something, from quilting, painting, oh all sorts of things so I will definitely be taking my camera along next week.

Am at a bit of a sticking point right now as not sure what to make next as there are so many projects I want to get started on.. the only problem being obtaining the yarns I want. So going to have to sit down and make a list and buy on line and wait for 2-3 weeks for the delivery. I had started making a top for myself (also at the pool) yesterday but ripped it out in the end when I realised I was never going to fit into it ! One Size ... yeah alright ... but its not my size. Need to get some ideas on what to make with 2 balls of (50gx2) Omaghi Filati Capri ribbon yarn. Any ideas ?

Ok... stuff for what to make... then its another pair of socks !

Pattern and yarn from Alpaca Select, Fabiola Mittens.

No comments: