Thursday 14 May 2009

Craft Morning

Tuesday mornings are craft day at the Oasis. Its the place us craft lovers go to meet up and take our UFO's to work on and have a chat, coffee and cake (or biscuit, whatever is on offer). I tend to oooh and arrhhh over everyone elses work, eat cake, a couple of cups of tea or coffee and then sit down to mine. I then, on many occassions, go home and frog all the progress I've managed to make...all due to the fact that I just cannot knit and natter at the same time in a group !

However, I always come away with some interesting snippets on saudi life, not all of which is publishable, and tips on 'how to's' for cooking and crafting. One piece this week was on the picnic cake that Pat brought in. She is the 'Queen Cake Maker' so we love it when she brings in her home baking.

This wasn't for us though, it was a 'commission' for someone else, but she did inform us of the website where the ideas came from... but I've forgotten it so will post it later. I think it was from the Bright Ideas website.Picnic Cake with HUGE ants (like what you get out here ! & not smiley faces as I had originally thought they were... forgot my glasses !)

Moving onto Heather and her craftwork of painted boxes. I particularly love the 'Good Bear, Bad Bear' (my name for it) as with lid down he has his head and when up he has lost it... very Saudi I feel.

No comments: