Sunday 24 May 2009

Socks From The Toe Up

I received my book by Wendy Johnson a couple of days ago (almost 7 weeks I think waiting) but hadn't been able to get started on learning any of the new methods for casting on for a toe up sock due to the Sock Wars which I am now in a bit of a 'lull', 'quiet before the (desert) storm'. So Last night I pulled out those circular's and gave it my best shot.Now I'd been putting this off as I thought it was going to be so complicated but I'm pleased to report that it was really quite simple to follow the instructions for the 'Figure-Eight Toe' cast on. I feel ready to get started and will do so for the 'Socks From The Toe Up KAL' on Ravelry which starts on, 1st June. In the meantime I'll try a couple of other cast-on methods so I am ready to do all of the fabulous patterns from the book.

No comments: